What can my child have for lunch?
All children at Earith have the chance to eat freshly prepared meals cooked in our on-site kitchen. There is a wide selection of meals available on a 3 week menu, including vegetarian meals. There is free access to the salad cart and water is freely available. All meals use locally sourced ingredients.
All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils in state-funded schools in England are entitled to free school meals.
Meals for pupils in Year 3/4/5/6 are charged at £2.30 a day.
Free School Meals are available for all Key Stage 1 students (Reception, Year 1 and 2). There’s no need to apply, however, registering will entitle your child’s school to additional Pupil Premium funding.Even if you are on a lower income and your child is automatically receiving free school meals, the school will not receive Pupil Premium until you make an application online.
Why choose a school lunch?
- Pupils who have a hot, nutritionally balanced meal at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration in the afternoon.
- Children are given the opportunity to try new and different food.
- School meals offer convenience for families with busy lifestyles.
- Eating a school lunch teaches important social skills.
- A school lunch offers families value for money.
For more information visit https://www.cambridgeshireccs.co.uk/page/school-meals/primary-school-meals/menus